Organic Sage Oil or Salvia Officinialis as it is known in botanical name, is a very well known and frequently heard name in the world of cosmetics. A lot of innumerable beauty treatment products claim that they contain the oil of sage. Some of the benefits of our Organic Sage Oil are:
- Anti fungal: The presence of camphor and camphene in this essential oil gives it an antifungal property. This organic sage oil is capable of inhibiting fungal infections both internally and externally. It gives relief from fungal infections like dysentery, skin diseases, Athlete’s Foot, or dermatitis.
- Antibacterial: Our Organic Sage Oil is useful at countering bacterial infections. Since it kills bacteria and inhibits their growth in the body.
- Antimicrobial: The components in sage essential oil which give protection against fungal infections also provide protection against microbial infections too. Also, you can protect small wounds or cuts from developing irritating or potentially dangerous infections.
- Antiseptic: Since it has antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties, it serves as an antiseptic for wounds, surgical incisions, post natal injuries, ulcers, and sores.
- Antispasmodic: This property of sage essential oil is useful in treating all problems that arise from spasms, including pain in the stomach, chest and intestines, as well as coughs, convulsions, and cramps.
- Digestive: This oil acts as a digestive medicine in case of indigestion by facilitating the decomposition of food by promoting secretion of bile and gastric juices.
- Disinfectant: The antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties of essential oil of sage make it an effective disinfectant. Also it gives sound protection from both internal and external infections.
- Expectorant: It can give you relief from coughs, colds, and infections in your chest and respiratory tracts. It also provides relief from congestion that results from the common cold.
- Depurative: Organic Sage Oil speeds up the removal of toxins from the blood through excretion or through sweating and thus purifies the blood, acting as a depurative.
Sage Oil blends well with the essential oil of Clary Sage, Geranium, Orange, Lavender, Rosemary, Tea Tree and Ginger.
A Final Word of Warning
The compotent mix of chemicals and active ingredients in Organic Sage Oil can be dangerous for pregnant women. As it has been known in some situations to cause miscarriages. Furthermore, a few varieties of Sage Oil can be toxic when consumed. Despite the versatility of this particular essential oil, it is important to never consume essential oils internally. Inhalitation in the form of aromatherapy is safe in certain situations. But it is always better to speak with an herbalist or an aromatherapist before embarking on this sort of alternative treatment. Also, due to high concentration of chemicals in these oils, undiluted oils can bet very powerful and dangerous.